For a good galvanising result, materials delivered must meet the following conditions:
- materials must have the correct steel quality;
- materials must comply with the general principles of design as defined in NEN-EN 14713-1 and NEN-EN 14713-2;
- inlet and outlet holes must be correctly applied;
- materials must be free of contaminations and impurities that cannot be removed by chemical pre-treatment.
That means materials must be free of:
- paint and/or varnish (or traces),
- welding sprays that are too thick or contain silicone,
- welding slag,
- thick oil and/or grease layers,
- marks with pastel crayon, paint or inappropriate markers (consult galvanising plant),
- adhesives, glues, stickers etc.
For the materials that are also going to be powder coated, specific requirements apply. For more information see technical information coating.